What Is Chiropractic?
Clark’s Family Chiropractic in La Porte, Indiana is more than happy to supply you with all the information you need about Chiropractic care. Each year, more than 15 million Americans choose this type of care for its safe, effective, and natural benefits such as relief from back and neck pain.
According to the American Chiropractic Association, Chiropractic is a health care profession that concentrates on disorders of the musculoskeletal and nervous system. It also focuses on the effects of this type of care on our general health.
How It Works
The answer lies in the relationship between the nervous system and the spine. The spinal column protects the spinal cord and nervous roots which are parts of the nervous system. Due to their location, biomechanical and structural problems in the spinal column could irritate the parts of the nervous system.
This may result to the forming of toxic inflammatory biochemicals that are released during tissue injury. It may also result from direct mechanical pressure. Both cases negatively influenced the functioning of the nervous system. Resulting ailments depend on the cells, tissues, and organs affected.
In short, correcting spinal abnormalities that irritate the nervous system could lead to a number of pleasing results for the patients suffering from various conditions.
What Chiropractors Do
Chiropractors are mainly concerned with finding and treating vertebral subluxations or spinal misalignments. They use techniques to treat these abnormalities as well as enhance one’s overall health. In addition, soft tissue techniques, rehabilitation, dietary and nutritional counseling, physical therapies, and lifestyle changes are provided as well.
What Makes Chiropractic Different
- Increased Balance and Coordination
- Reduced Degradation and Risk of Injury
- Increased Performance and Energy
- Decreased Stiffness and Muscular Spasms
- Arthritic Joint Pain Relief
- Increased Sense of Well-Being and Relaxation
- Spinal and Extremity Pain Relief
- Increased Mobility and Range of Motion
- Increased Joint Health
- Enhanced Tissue Healing
- Decreased Tissue Inflammation
- Headache Relief
Do You Need Chiropractic Care
Answer this quick health survey to see if you need this type of care:
- Are you often fatigued?
- Do you have backaches, headaches, sore or tender spots in muscles or joints?
- Do you feel the urge to “crack” your back, neck, or other joints a lot?
- Do your heels wear out unevenly?
- Does your foot flare out when you walk?
- Do you have poor posture?
- Are you having difficulty twisting or turning your head or hips to either side easily and equally?
- Do you have low resistance to disease?
- Are you having a hard time taking a satisfying deep breath?
- Do you just not feel right?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might want to have your spine checked. Misalignments in your spine not only cause pain, but it could also affect your ability to fight infection. Poor spine health could also drain your energy, decrease your lung capacity, and interfere with your overall well-being.